- About Us
- Books & More
- Contact Us
- Programs & Events
- Support Us
Become a Board Member
Area of Authority:
Each trustee is responsible for participating in discussion and decision making regarding library policy and expenditures. The Board is collectively responsible for all aspects of library operation.
Requirements for Membership:
- Willingness to serve on the board and one or more committees.
- Belief in the importance of libraries and commitment to the Library’s Vision and Mission statements.
- Library membership.
- Become aware of and fully informed on library matters and issues.
- Contribute to discussion and decision making at board and commitee meetings.
- Accept responsibility for the affairs of the library in the five areas of policy, finance, personnel, advocacy, and programs and services.
- Participates in personal development of trusteeship through orientation, workshops, conferences and interaction with other trustees.
- Monitor board and trustee effectiveness.
- Volunteer at events to promote the library in the community.
- Participate in fund development for ongoing capital projects.