This just in: We have some BIG BOOK NEWS!
We’ve come up with a way to SAFELY get our physical materials into your hands! Keep reading for full details about how this limited service will work.
- Call us at 403-502-8525, Monday - Friday from 10am - 5pm to request pick-up of up to FIVE items for adults or TEN items for children (holds will not be accepted on mhpl.bibliocommons.com but you can still use it as a search tool; make sure the items you're requesting from staff are listed as "available at the Medicine Hat Public Library" on bibliocommons).
- During your call with us, we’ll schedule a pick up time for you.
- At your scheduled pick up time, ring the doorbell on the door at the back entrance (adjacent to the honeycomb, near the book drops); hold your drivers license up to the window for our staff to see (so we can make sure we’re giving you the correct materials); once we’ve verified your ID please step back two metres in order to practice safe social distancing; a staff member will place your materials on a table near the door.
- Take your materials home to enjoy! No need to return them until after the Library reopens.
- But please note: This is an evolving situation and as such, we may be forced to cancel this service at any time without notice.
Don’t have a library card? Help yourself to the materials on our free book cart (available Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm). You can also sign up for a 90-Day Free Trial membership which gives you access to our online resources.
Stay healthy & well-read, friends!